100 DeBary Plantation Blvd
DeBary, FL 32168
CATEGORIES & HEADINGSdetails >>
The mission of Kairos Prison Ministry International, Inc. is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women, and youth, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities. As an inter-denominational ministry of laypersons, Kairos Prison Ministry is driven by over 30,000 men and women volunteers who serve in more than 37 states and ten countries.
Kairos Inside Program:
This program brings positive and negative leaders together, in both male and female institutions, for a 3 day Weekend based on talks, discussions, chapel meditations, and music led by volunteers. The goal is to build a continuing Christian community inside the institution through Prayer and Share accountability groups and monthly Reunions by graduates and volunteers.
Kairos Outside Program:
The purpose of Kairos Outside is to demonstrate God’s grace and love through Christian support for women who have relatives/friends who are or have been incarcerated. The goal is to provide a safe place to encourage the sharing of one’s life journey, to create an opportunity for a relationship with God and to promote participation in Support Groups.
Kairos Torch Program:
This is a mentoring program for incarcerated offenders age 25 and under. The Weekend is a combined effort to introduce young men and women to Christian concepts as a means of making better choices for their lives. The initial Weekend is followed with an established six month, one-to-one weekly mentoring program that encourages the youth to remove their masks and see themselves as God sees them.
Ways you can help:
* Volunteer with Kairos Inside by participating in a 3 1/2 day Weekend where volunteers “listen, listen, love, love” the incarcerated by showing inmates the love of Christ.
* Volunteer in a Kairos Outside Weekend for women with an incarcerated family member.
* Volunteer to make a difference in the lives of incarcerated youth by becoming a Kairos Torch Mentor.
* Become a support volunteer by making agape artwork, baking cookies, helping with meals, etc.
* Ask your church or local organization to allow Kairos to come in and do a presentation.
* Donate to help us share the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ with more incarcerated men, women and youth.